New Accounts (This Page is Under Construction)
TVEC offers two types of accounts for your electric service—traditional billing and Pay as You Go prepaid electric service.
Electric rates and fees are the same for both traditional and pre-pay accounts.
Applying for New Membership for Electric Service at Trinity Valley Electric
Locations With an Existing Meter: To establish new membership for electric service with Trinity Valley Electric please complete a co-op membership application online or at one of our office locations. It is very important that you provide the eight (8) digit meter number for the address you are requesting, or specify the nearest eight (8) digit meter number to the location you are requesting to have connected in your name.
Traditional Billing: Fill out the online application for service and send us a copy of your driver's license. A TVEC member services representative will contact you to finish the process.
Pay as You Go: Visit a TVEC office location to sign up for prepaid electric service. You may fill out the online application prior to coming in to expedite the process.
New Construction: Contact TVEC Member Services to set up an appointment to install new service. You may fill out the online membership application ahead of time here.
Pre-pay service and service for a location that has not previously had electrical service (such as a new home) require visiting a TVEC office location.
If you have any questions regarding setting up new service you may contact our Member Service Department at 972-932-2214 or 1-800-766-9576 office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday.
- Membership Fee – $10.00
- Connection Fee – $50.00 if trip is required.
- Deposit – please read deposit information below or call our Member Service Department.
- The initial deposit for permanent residential, commercial or large power service shall not exceed one-sixth (1/6) of the estimated annual billings. The Cooperative may require an applicant for temporary service or seasonal service or service to weekend or intermittent use installations to pay a deposit sufficient to reasonably protect the Cooperative against the assumed risk for any of such services.
- A deposit is not required for Pay as You Go prepaid electric service.
You must contact our Member Service Department if:
- The property doesn’t currently have electric service.
- To sign up for Pay as You Go pre-paid electrical service.
- New accounts are automatically enrolled in Operation Round Up, benefiting the TVEC Charitable Foundation. For more information click here.
- If you would not like to participate in Operation Round Up, you may opt-out at any time. Contact a member services representative or include instructions in the comments section of the online member application form. For more opt-out options click here.